Everyone deserves to live in an incredible space that comforts them and brings them joy — a space that not only looks amazing and reflects the style and personality of its owners, but also functions well, working with the way those owners live. But incredible spaces do not happen by chance. They are carefully explored, thought-out and planned; they are the product of good interior design. Just as everyone deserves to live in an incredible space, so too do people deserve to have access to experienced, professional interior design services to make that space possible. Many people, however, are intimidated or confused by the idea of working with a professional interior designer, worried they will have someone else’s style forced upon them, uncertain of how the process will work and scared to death of what it might cost. At Good Space, we understand these feelings and have done everything we can to dispel them, making this whole “designing your home thing” more accessible, fun and fulfilling. We see our role as one of fully understanding our clients’ lifestyle and their aesthetic, then interpreting their wants and desires to develop the best design solutions to meet them. Despite the fears and concerns, however, hiring a professional interior design team does make a lot of sense and can benefit you on many levels. Here are 10 reasons that your first step in your next home improvement project should be engaging an interior designer. 10 Reasons to Hire an Interior Designer
- We bring trained expertise to your project — Interior design is a delicate balance of art and science, and we have studied both so we know how to put them together. Just as accountants and lawyers go to school to fully learn their craft, so do we.
- We save you time — We understand what needs to be done and when to do it. We anticipate pitfalls and obstacles you might not be aware of. And we sweat the details and minutia so they don’t trip you up later.
- We save you money — Interior design should never be an open-ended, “it costs what it costs” thing. We know and respect the importance of a line item budget. Before a dollar is spent we help you understand where each one is going.
- We stop you from making costly mistakes — Ever bought a piece of furniture that looked so good in the store, but was a too big once you got it home? Ever painted three or four times trying to find a colour that works? Because we’re trained professionals, we can steer you clear of those common mistakes and help you get it right the first time.
- We help refine your ideas — It is a common belief that an interior designer will take over your home and inflict their design style on you. Truth be told, a good interior designer will work with you, refining your vision, taking your ideas and making them better.
- We bring new and fresh ideas — While you have been agonizing over your space for weeks or months, we are able to look at it with fresh perspective. It’s amazing what a set of new, well-trained eyes can see.
- We provide access to new products and re-purpose your old ones — We spend our lives immersed in the world of design and pride ourselves in knowing what’s new and exciting. Still, we also love to make old things new again, taking a cherished piece you’ve had forever and breathing new life into it.
- We make your space work better — We strive to understand the way you live and the way you want to live and make certain the functionality of your space meets both. We also understand the relationship of the various pieces within your space and how they need to fit together.
- We can connect you to good people — We work with a wide variety of talented trades people and can introduce you to one that is perfect for your particular job.
- We know about the safety, health and welfare of your home — We know that not all products are created equal, and that some are simply going to be safer, work better and endure longer for you and your family.
Consider these reasons the next time you’re thinking about renovating or redecorating your space. Sure, there’s cost involved in hiring an interior designer, but the savings you receive from that investment are remarkable — saving time, saving money and saving peace of mind. Your home should be everything you want it to be, and a good interior designer can make that possible. Brent Neave, CEO – Good Space Design Group