Welcome to our newest column on Good Ideas, Favourite Things. Every day our designers come across new and innovative products and services that we just can’t wait to share. In Favourite Things we pick a Good Space Interior Designer and ask them to talk about their latest finds. Today, we start with Lauren’s favourite find at Buildex 2015, Western Canada’s largest tradeshow and conference for the Construction, Renovation, Architecture, Interior Design and Property Management industries.
What: Dekton Ultracompact Surfaces (When you go to the site, say you are from the United States to see in English)
- Strength = 5 times the flexural strength of granite
- Non-porous = never needs to be sealed it naturally prevents liquids and gasses from penetrating the surface = low maintenance surface that is easier to clean
- Colour Stability – pigmentation doesn’t vary as much and it won’t fade over time
- Dimensional Stability – consistent in both dimension and thickness throughout slab which minimizes the need for field corrections and allows for easy installation
- Thin – options range from 8-20mm
- UV Resistance, Scratch Resistance, Completely Stain Proof, Heat Resistant, Abrasion Resistant ,Cold Resistant
- Size for tiling = 126” x 56” = less seams!
Thanks for that Lauren! We love the attached article that talks about the ‘House of Dekton’ designed by Steffen Kehrle. The entire house including exterior, interior and furnishing is made from Dekton. Visitors are even supplied with Dekton kits containing screwdrivers, lighters and aggressive cleaning agents to test the surface’s outstanding resilience for themselves.